SGM Joon Choi and the Oriental Martial Arts College are excited to present the 2019 Arnold Battle of Columbus (ABOC) Martial Arts Festival on March 1-3, 2019, at the Ohio Expo Center Buckeye Building. Reuniting the Battle of Columbus with the Arnold Martial Arts Festival, we anticipate a historic event promoting and fostering the diversity, unity, and harmony of martial arts styles and martial artists all around the world!
The Battle of Columbus was founded 44 years ago by SGM Choi to offer an opportunity for all martial arts practitioners around the world to compete in a variety of martial arts events and to explore, test, and share the skills that they diligently and patiently developed through their training. The Arnold Battle of Columbus also offers a chance to meet martial arts leaders from many styles who share common goals in martial arts philosophy, principles, and traditions.
The three-day Martial Arts Festival will include seminars and workshops led by martial arts experts followed by the Bruce Lee and Legends of Martial Arts Hall of Honor induction banquet on Friday, March 2; all main championships for all disciplines and styles will be held on Saturday March 3; and then the winners from select events will battle it out for the Best of the Best Grand Championship titles on Sunday, March 3.
As is our custom, we will be recognizing the great martial arts pioneers and their successors for their contributions to the development of the world of Martial Arts for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty with the Bruce Lee & Legends of Martial Arts Hall of Honor Induction Ceremony. This Honor is intended to recognize those martial artists and supporters who have dedicated their spirit to the study and betterment of martial arts; if you are or know a martial arts leader who deserves to be recognized and celebrated for their martial arts spirit, please review the requirements and complete the nomination form online.
Competition Disciplines and Styles on Saturday March 2, 2019 and Sunday March 3, 2019 include:
* Taekwondo: Olympic Style Sparring, Sport Poomsae, Open forms, Breaking, Weaponry, and more!
* Karate: Point Style Sparring, Kyokushin Semi-contact Fighting!, Open Kata, Breaking, Weaponry, and more!
* Judo grappling
* Taichi/Push Hands
* Wing Chun/Chi Sau
* Tangsoodo: Continuous Point sparring, Open Forms
* Hapkido/Aikido: Sparring, High Fall, Long Fall, Self-Defense
* Gumdo/Kendo: Padded Weapon Sparring, Paper cutting, Thrown Object, and more
* Weaponry: By discipline - all non-live edge weapons permitted
* Breaking Challenge - Creative Board Breaking, Power Breaking, Speed Breaking, Long Jump Kicking, High Jump Kicking
* Team Demonstration - All Disciplines
* Para and Adaptive Martial Arts
Join the Battle and become a martial arts legend at the 2019 Arnold Battle of Columbus!